zaterdag 12 maart 2011

Tropical Paradise!


Hi people!
Just a quick update from Goa this time. (:
Kaylee and I spent two days in Mumbai, but we can't really say we didn't actually did something cool or anything. Nobody knew where Bollywood was, so we ended up not going to it and instead, we went to a cinema and watched a movie, strolled around in the neighborhood and saw the old buildings from the British era, which was really strange to see since the buildings were kind of Dutch looking and you certainly wouldn't expect those kind of buildings to be in India! Over-all I decided that 'Plastic City' suited Mumbai as a nickname well. The city just doesn't seem to belong in India; big skyscrapers, expensive hotels and resorts, girls and guys who want to look western so they walk around in fancy clothes, fancy cars and everything is just not-logical expensive! I liked the look of it though, it was so pretty! But just not Indian at all! After the two days, we woke up early and took a cab to the train station.
An over day-train was scheduled for us to take us to Goa, the tropical paradise province of India. The train took 15 hours to reach the province, and once we were there, a Rikshaw took us to Patnem beach. We had a place in mind to stay at from the Lonely Planet guidebook that we had with us and told the driver to take us there. He couldn't find it in the first place, but after a long search, we came to a village of tiny huts and in the darkness I could see that there were huge palm trees overshadowing the huts. A very friendly hostess waited for us and showed me a hut while Kaylee waited with our luggage in the Rikshaw. The hostess took a candle and opened the door, the hut was tiny and in it were only a two-person bed and a plastic chair and table. It had no electricity and the floor consisted of two yoga-mats and the rest was sand. But we decided to take it, because it was cheap and we were very tired. There was live music playing that night and we went and listened to it for about half an hour before we went to bed.
The next day I woke up and heard the waves of the beach nearby. Were we so close to the beach then? I opened the door and literally stepped into a paradise! Above me were huuuuge palm trees with big coconuts. The sand was pearl white, the huts surrounding ours were made of bamboo and palm tree leaves and all of them were surrounded by a wall of some kind of mangrove plants. I could see an opening nearby and decided to walk into it. Beyond it lay an aqua-blue ocean, with palm trees everywhere and plants growing everywhere which you only see in Expeditie Robinson or Survivor! Beautiful!
After Kaylee woke up, we had the most delicious and cheapest breakfast ever at our hotel bar and went for a walk to downtown Patnem. It's a cute town and everything (Well, depends on where you buy your stuff) is quite cheap. We love it here! At least, I do.
In the evening we met a guy from New-Zealand named Simon and we talked with him for hours about all kinds of stuff. We also found out about the Tsunami which hit Japan and is on it's way to more countries. I hope it's a weak one, because it might hit the west coast of India.
Before we had dinner, we took a quick dip in the ocean. The water here is unbelievably warm! It's like a swimming pool! Amazing! We're here for about a week before we go and visit Eva in the southern part of India. I have no problem with that, I could stay in this tropical paradise for weeks! But o well, you can't have everything you want I guess.
That's all for now, I wish I had some pictures to show you! For now I've just looked up a photo from Google of Patnem beach where we are now. I hope that will be sufficient for now. I'll try and post some of my pictures in the upcoming days. (:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten